Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tough times = gratitude.

It seems like in the last couple of months we have had more then our fair share of bad luck. Moving all on its own can be a very frustrating thing, but with everything else that has been going on I must admit things have been very hard and stressful. Last night was the straw that broke the camels back. Our little puppy dog Maggie got hit by a car and died. It is amazing how much a pet becomes a part of the family. It was heartbreaking. I have been feeling pretty sorry for myself but after loosing mags it did a very interesting thing for me. I am suddenly filled with gratitude for the things that I have. Makes me take a step back and realize what truly is important in life. My dear sweet husband. My two wonderful boys that are healthy and happy. My own health. Being near all our family and feeling their comfort and love. Having amazing friends near and far! I feel so blessed for all that I have. We will surely miss our cute little pup but her death humbled me and made me realize all that I still have to be thankful for. Although the deck seems stacked against us at times, I still have the most important things in my life near and dear to me, I guess that makes me pretty lucky!

We will miss you Maggie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea,
I am so sorry to hear about your dog! It seems as though you are handling it well and in great perspective. I know the feeling of everything stacked against you! Thank goodness you are with family. Take care,
Jenny

Ami said...

I'm sorry to hear about Maggie. She was the cutest little fur ball I have ever seen. We miss your family. You are lucky to be able to enjoy your family again after all the time away.

Hayley said...

Chelsea...Hi!! I've been blog hopping and totally found your blog...so fun! What a draling little family you and Justin have. So sorry about your dog. I'd love to keep in touch better. Take care! (hayley bird atwood)

Erich said...

Sorry about Maggie that is very sad. Dogs definitely becomes part of the family. I'm glad you get to be close to family; I am sure they are just loving it. I need your new phone number so I can call you!

Jamie said...

Hey Chelsea! It is Jamie Pendlebury. Jackie gave me the link to your blog. It is so cute. I am so sorry that the first blog I read was about your little puppy! We need to get together now that you are back! We should do lunch. Anyway, my blog is http://daveandjamieandkids.blogspot.com/

Drop me a line if you get a chance!

Jamie

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

I'm so sorry about your puppy, how awful :( But you are right, there is much to be thankful for. And yes I feel ya on the curls too. I was so sad to see them go, but it was time. I am so glad to hear from you though, keep in touch often