Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Playing catch up.

I absolutely love the summer. It is my favorite time of year and this year has been no exception. We have had a very fun filled, eventful summer. I have been completely ignoring my blog and have just been enjoying life. Unfortunately I now have a lot of catching up to do.

Lets turn back the pages of time to July. Oh boy did that month just fly right by. We started out the month celebrating the forth of July in Island Park. As I have mentioned several times I just love going to I.P but the fourth of July is my absolute favorite time to be there. While there we did lots of boating, eating, tubing, relaxing, and 4-wheeling. We watched a parade of people on 4-wheelers that they had decorated, and that night enjoyed watching fireworks from the boat. My favorite part of the fourth of July up there. We had a great and wonderful time, I even convinced my parents to take a tube ride. Thanks Jon and Mary for letting us use your cabin.









Also while up in Island Park we took a drive up to Sawtelle. (The mountain with the ball on top of it.) It is the first time I had ever been on top of it and there was some breathtaking views.




We had a great 4th of July weekend!


The next weekend Justin took the boys camping with his mom and Jim to Rigby. The boys had a wonderful time getting dirty. Saturday morning we went to Stocktons baptism while Janice watched the boys for us. Justin headed back out to Rigby and the boys shot guns while I attended a good friends baby shower. Unfortunately I have no pictures of the boys camping but I asure you they were dirty from head to toe and had a wonderful time.

July 13th we all went to the airport to say goodbye to my brother Austin. He left for boot camp and will be gone till the end of November. He is going into the National Guard and we are so proud of him. It was super hard to say goodbye and we all left with tears in our eyes. We will miss him, but we are very proud.

We celebrated Randys Birthday on the 21st. Happy Birthday Rand man! We went out to eat at Garcias and then headed to their house for cake and ice cream.

The weekend of the 24th-26 we headed for yet another camping trip, this time to mink creek. It was the Harker family reunion, my moms side of the family, and their was around 244 people that came. It was a lot of fun to see family that I haven't seen in awhile and catch up with cousins. We all had a great time but were absolutely exhausted when we got home.

On the 29th of July we headed down to Utah for the day to visit some friends we had in Michigan. We met up at a kids playplace and had fun catching up while the kids played. Kamden even got to try rollerskating for the first time. He was pretty tipsy but had a good time. It was so nice seeing the Olsens and the Prescotts. We were so glad we were able to see them again!





We had a very busy but very fun July. Next post I will have to do some catching up on August.

2 comments:

The WIlloughby Family said...

IP looks like so much fun!!!!! I looked at the pictures and couldn't figure out what that white legged thing was on the raft but then I realized it was your dad.....just kidding "Just Jim"!!! Your parents are brave to still go out and be adventerous!!

Valerie said...

looks like such a fun summer (and I am playing catch up on my blog also, sigh) I love the roller skates picture and the top of the mountain looks awesome!