Monday, February 9, 2009

This picture of the boys was taken almost exactly a year ago. It is amazing how fast a year has gone by. At this time last year we were living in a town house in Mississauga Canada. (Near Toronto.) It was a great experience and a lot of fun.

Last week Kamden and Karson were both sick with colds. Wednesday Justin traveled on a business trip to Oklahoma. Before he left we all went to lunch at Red Robin. I love that place, its delicious and I am glad that they have one in town now. Wednesday night Karson had a rough night so Thursday morning I took him into the Dr. He had a ear infection in both ears and the cold had moved into his chest a possible sign of the early stages of pneumonia. They decided to give him a boost of antibiotics with a shot, and then also an oral prescription. I felt so bad when they gave him the shots. They had to do one in each leg and the Dr had told me it was a pretty painful shot. As they were giving him the shots Kamden put his hat on and his hands cupped over his ears. He told me he didn't like to hear Karson cry. It makes him sad. What a sweetie.

We then headed off to Walmart to get the oral prescription. My doctor actually does a pretty cool thing and emails the prescription to the pharmacy, so it will be ready to pick up when you get there. Or SHOULD be ready when you get there. To make a long story short I ended up waiting for the prescription for 45min. I waited with a very curious three year old and a very sick and cranky baby. When I finally asked the pharmacy what the wait was she asked what name I had been waiting for. When I told her the Pharmacist overheard and said "Oh we filled that prescription over an hour ago. " WHAT!!! Looks like I had been waiting for 45 min because the lady standing at the pick-up line didn't realize that Karson was spelled with a K. (Don't they file by last name anyways?) All I have to say is GOOD GRACIOUS!!! I was so happy to finally get out of there with a prescription in hand.


Well Karson is doing much better, and back to his normal happy self. Kamden now has came down with the cough and runny nose. It seems inevitable that when one kid gets it they will always pass it to the other. Justin is back home safe and sound and I am actually getting some sleep again. We had a nice weekend together.

Karson has been doing this really funny thing lately. He walks up to the toilet and pulls up his shirt and pretends hes going to the bathroom. A couple times he has walked up to the toilet opened it and tried taking off his pants. Who knows maybe we will get him potty trained early.


TBird and Mikelle said...

Brock has been doing the same thing with the toilet. It is cute.. we are hoping for an easier time potty training with him!Crazy how fast time flies by! I remember when you first posted that pic. Cute boys! Hope they are better soon

Erich said...

isn't it crazy how much things can change in one year!?! so sorry we couldn't make it up to see you; it was hard to be so close and not visit but with erich's work schedule we had to make it a whirlwind visit. hope you won't be needing the pharmacy any time soon!