Friday, December 10, 2010

A Soldier, a Brother.

Back in August my little brother Austin got deployed with the National Guard. For the past three months he has been training on a base in Mississippi. The weekend before Thanksgiving he shipped off to Iraq. I gotta tell ya, it's a little hard having him gone and knowing that we won't be able to see him for over a year. I feel like a piece of my heart is now in Iraq. Austin has been a big part of our family for over three years. It all started when he came and lived with us in Michigan. Then after he graduated and we lived here he came back after boot camp and lived with us once again. He certainly became a part of our little family unit. Kamden and Karson are missing him dearly. Especially Karson. Him and Austin seem to be kindred spirits. Austin was with us before Karson was born and afterwards was such amazing help with him. Austin has the most tender heart and always is so gentle and kind with the boys. Karson still cries for Austin, especially when he feels like I have done him some kind of injustice. Austin was always Karsons shoulder to cry on, and no matter what Austin was always sympathetic towards him. (Karson loves this quality in a person.) Honestly sometimes I feel like crying for Austin too. Words can't express what he means to all of us. Him and Justin are best of friends. I am so so thankful for him, and the many wonderful opportunities we have had being able to have him around us. Here are some family pictures we took back in July before he left.
Austin we are so proud of the work that you are doing. We are proud of your strength and your courage. You are an amazing man and I am so lucky to call you my brother, my friend. Keep safe, and know that our love travels the many miles between us and is always with you.


No comments: