Monday, July 18, 2011

June 3rd Kams surgery.

Seems like I am always a month behind. This summer is going by way to quickly. We are enjoying ever second we have of it. June was one of the busiest months yet.

It started off with Kamden surgery. About a month prior we found out that Kamden had a hernia that had droped down into his scrotum, the only fix surgery. I had no idea that such a thing was possible but the DR. informed us that it was pretty normal and would be a quick day surgery. The only thing that really made me nervous was that they had to put him under anesthesia and he would be completely out. There are always risks when your going under, but I had no idea how Kamdens body would handle it. So June 3rd we had to have him at the hospital at 5:30 am. He was a little nervous but we had talked to him about it a lot. He kinda enjoyed getting in his hospital gown and getting the bracelet with his name on it. The hospital and staff were great. Kamden started getting a little silly about 30 min before they took him in. I think he was a little nervous but he handled it like a champ. They put on his cap and rolled him away. Justin and I had to wait in the waiting room, but 45 min later the Dr. came out and told us that everything had gone great. We had to wait another 10 min and then they called us back into the room to be with Kamden as he started waking up. He was all out of sorts. Crying, confused, super dry mouth. I was so glad that we were there for him. Justin laid with him and that got him all calmed down. One hour later we were heading out the door. I couldn't believe how fast it went. Kam was quite on the couch for about an hour but then he was hungry up and at them and in very little pain. After that it was smooth sailing. He acted like it had never happened. I couldn't believe how quickly he recovered. The hardest part was keeping him down so he didn't tear his stitches open.










2 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

Glad things went well. I can only imagine how tough that was for you guys to wait out! I am always a worrier! It doesn't help that they always remind you of the stats and risks right as they have you signing the release forms!! Hope he is all healed up. Good luck keeping him from running around. I bet that was the toughest part!

The WIlloughby Family said...

That last picture almost made me cry! I hated having to leave when my baby was in the hospital!! I can't imagine sending him off....