Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dirty Dancing!


For Valentines Day Justin gave me tickets to Dirty Dancing on Broadway. So last night we stepped out for a night on the town. (Toronto) We ate at a place called Kit Kat Bistro. A very cozy Italian place, right downtown in the heart of the theater district.  It was some of the best pasta I have ever had. As a matter of fact what Justin ordered was the best pasta either of us had ever had. A penne, in red sauce, with spicy italian sausage. The red sauce was so ...... delicious!  We sat and talked about life and our dreams for the future. After dinner we walked a few blocks to the theater. We had great seats. Seven rows back from the stage, smack dab in the center.  The show was very upbeat and exciting.  We had so much fun, some might even say "I had the time of my life." (All you Dirty Dancing fans will get that.)  It was a seriously a blast!  The best part about it was that I got to spend a wonderful night out with my best friend. 

So of course this wouldn't be a real blog entry without mention of the kids. Karson has a new tooth. He now has three. He is crawling, climbing, pulling himself up to things, and just plain all over the place. He is a little go bug. There is this fake plant upstairs in our room. He loves to get into it. He pulls the moss out all over the place. Once he is in our room he has a one track mind.  (Where's that plant!)  I was trying to get ready for my date with my hubby and Karson wouldn't leave the plant alone. So I put a laundry basket in front of it hoping that would distract him from it.  But oh no. This kids is determined. So, I peeked outside the bathroom and found him in the laundry basket, tummy down, reaching up to get the plant! What a clever fella!  


Well it looks like our stay in Toronto has once again been extended. Not that I mind I quite like it up here. It looks like we will now be heading back to Michigan sometime in April.  I just wish that it would warm up so we could get out there and do some exploring! Poor Kam, there is this huge playground right outside our back door but he can't even go play on it because there is too much snow. 


5 comments:

Audra said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. As for the playground I say wait for a sunny day - bundle him up warm and send him out w/Austin- snow or not! =)

The WIlloughby Family said...

Well you know how I feel about "Dirty Dancing" I am jealous to say the least, but I am so glad you guys got a night out! What fun!!! I love to read your little blog, your boys are so cute, I can't wait for mine to get here...3 weeks and 6 days! Yahoo!

Celeste Adams said...

I am so jealous. Steve has told me about the activities in Toronto. Your night on the town must have takin your breath away. I think Karson and Karlee (my 18 mon girl) would be a force to be wreckoned with. If they ever get together (which I think will happen.)we are going to have to WATCH OUT!

Christine said...

I just found your blog on kristi's. It is so fun to get the update on you guys. Your kids are so cute! So glad you guys are doing good and i'm excited we'll have a good way to keep in touch!

Erich said...

Chelsea,
So sorry I missed you in Idaho I was really hoping to see you. I hope you got home okay and are not too exhausted from the quick trip. Sorry to hear about Justin's loss.

Kara

By the way CELESTE, this is Kara your cousin...I haven't talked to you forever, hope all is well!