Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bye bye binky.




So last Thursday Kamden collected all his binkys and put them in a bag. We told him that the binky fairy was going to come and get them and take them to little babies who needed them. We told him that he was a big boy and didn't need them anymore. He did this pretty willingly. So we put the bag out on the front steps for the fairy to come and get. ( A technique the Nanny uses on the T.V show Super Nanny.) It wasn't five minutes before he started crying for his binky. I was determined thought that it was time to say good bye to binks. So we got his mind off the binky and on something else. Later when he went outside to look for the binkys there was a surprise for him that the fairy left saying thanks. He got really excited especially about the trail of sparkles she had left behind. I felt that things were going well and I started feeling much better about my decision to toss them. Well that was until 10:30 that night when I had been trying for two hours to get Kam to sleep, but he kept screaming and crying in hysterics for his binky. Oh yes. Now almost a week later my once upon a time great sleeper is now a not so good sleeper. Nap time, bedtime, he cries! Middle of the night, he cries. He has been having such a hard time without his binky. I feel so bad for him. I mean really whats the harm in a 10 year old having a binky still? Okay well I am glad I did it, but I feel sad for Kamden. It was his comfort, his calm, his soother. He really loved that thing! I know soon everything will be okay again but I just feel bad for him for now.

Well the past four days have been absolutely beautiful! It is so nice to be outside again. Kamden has just loved it and Karson has even had his fair share of enjoyment outdoors. This last weekend we got the spring yard pick up done. We took the boys on a walk in their wagon and they loved it. Yesterday we went and joined the community center. There is an indoor pool, a gym, a rock climbing wall, and all sorts of fun stuff for the kids. Last night we went swimming there. The kids had so much fun, and Karson just loved it! It was his first time in a pool. I think that we are going to love it there.

One of my favorite things is in the morning the boys just love watching Justin leave to work. They sit on the couch and look out the window, wave and blow kisses good bye. It is so cute!




So my next big task. Potty training! Kam has a little potty, and I try getting him to sit on it and he has NO Interest in it! I haven't really pushed him into doing it but I am getting sick of changing diapers. So I am determined to get him potty trained by the end of this month. So if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

8 comments:

Holly said...

I think those pics are priceless, what a treasure, them waving bye-bye to daddy! Love it!!

Erich said...

That is so heartbreaking, way to stick to your guns though. Hopefully he'll adjust to the binkyless life here soon. Unfortunately for my mom I was a finger sucker so there was no whisking away my comfort to the fairy. One of my first memories is hiding under a blanket when Grandma Harker was around so I could suck my finger cause she would yell at me for sucking my finger. Anyhow random memory.

Celeste Adams said...

I understand how hard it is. We are trying to just get Karlee off of her binky habit during the day. I haven't been brave enough to do it at night. Pretty soon Kamden will have forgotten all about it. Good luck with potty training. We had to force Cannon to sit on the potty and Steve stayed home from school for a week and got him potty trained. He just bribed with candy and made a huge deal after he did it the first time. We took Cannon to tell everyone we knew. You'll have to let me know how it is going.

Anonymous said...

Hey cute blog!

Sherelle said...

Hello! Thanks for your comment on my blog!!! You are soooo sweet! I am so glad to find your blog...and I remember your face now that I've seen your photo! I will be back to visit your blog!

Christine said...

that is my kind of dog..one that doesn't shed! your kids are darling.

Rayce & Candi said...

Hi! I know how you feel about the binkies!! We are trying to get our 2 1/2 year old to get rid of hers! She is so stubborn. But good job. I'm to much of a "giver in"!

Anonymous said...

kamden wish I knew you I would have taken your binky long ago you need a nice hard c=ck to suck you would NEVER want a binky again once you get to taste some c-m