Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gobble, Gobble!


Thanksgiving day agenda:

8:45- Breakfast at Dennys with the Colgrove family.
10:15- Showed up at Good Samaritan to grab Thanksgiving day meals to deliver to the needy. Cranked up the Christmas music and drove around delivering meals. It felt great to do such a wonderful service.
12:00- Turkey in the oven! Start preparing for the rest of the meal and guest.
4:00- Taking a break, looked through Black Friday adds.
5:00- Our Families have arrived and the celebration is on.

On the menu:

One delicious Turnkey- brined and roasted to perfection!!! Way to go Justin
Home made stuffing- my first time making stuffing and I must say it turned out great!
Green beans with bacon.
Candy Yams.
Cranberry sauce.
Rolls.
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.- My mom makes the best gravy!
Strawberry cheesecake- My hubby the master of cheesecake.
Pecan pie.







By the time we were all done eating we were stuffed. We relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the evening with our wonderful family. Can I just say I am so Thankful for Thanksgiving. Gobble, gobble!

2 comments:

taylia said...

Oooohhh! I wish I had been at your Turkey Table! You guys always make good stuff. I love the fact that Justin has his fro back-it amazes me everytime it grows back...how do you do that????!!!!!

Jani Jo said...

How impressed am I?!! Way to go! I hosted Thanksgiving last year when I was pregnant, and I ended up wanting to murder most of my family members because I was so tired... Good job:)