Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Say what?

Kamden has been having some struggles with his speech. Finally after a year of trying to get him into the school districts free speech therapy program they finally accepted him. We were very happy seeing as though to hire a private speech therapist cost mega $$$. At this age they have them attend a preschool class at the school and then the speech therapist pulls them out during the class to work with them. We didn't want to pull him out of his current preschool because they do a great job, so he now goes to both. At first I was worried that five days a week might be a bit much but he absolutely loves it. Every morning he wakes up and asks me "Mom today do I go to my old preschool or my new one?" One super exciting thing for him has been riding the bus. The first time he rode it he was a little hesitant but ever since then he can't wait for it to come and pick him up. I have to admit that I too was a little nervous at first about the bus, but luckily it is only preschoolers on it. Kam is the first one picked up in the morning and the last one dropped off. Kind of makes for a long bus ride, but he doesn't seem to be bothered by that. Another fun new thing for him is that he now gets to pack a lunch to take to the school. It is fun seeing him carry his cute little lunch box around and he gets so excited about what we put in it. Hopefully with the extra school and speech help he will be all ready for Kindergarten come Fall.


2 comments:

taylia said...

I am so glad to hear that about the speech! I am totally missing our good ol' school sponsored speech program and help as now we are paying more than 2 arms and 3 legs worth!

Angela said...

I wondered why I had seen a bus at your house. What a great experience for Kamden! Glad everything is working out. I also loved seeing the pictures of Oliver at 1, 2, 3, and 4 weeks. What a great idea! Someday I will get to see him in person! :)